- News & Events
- Information for visitors
The post is available as part of the A-LEAF project funded by the European Commission (H2020 FET Proactive Call). The objective of the project is obtaining a photoelectrochemical device for the direct conversion of water and CO2 into fuels and chemicals (CO2 reduction) and oxygen (water oxidation) using exclusively solar energy. The role of the INAM-UJI team is mainly related to the characterization and optimization of the performance of interfaces with spectroscopic and photo-electrochemical tools to identify the best matching between light absorbers and chemical catalysts along optimum working conditions (pH, temperature, pressure).
The project requires a multidisciplinary approach from the synthesis of materials to the structural, chemical and photoelectrochemical characterization of materials and final devices, including also an important feedback from theoretical analysis of materials and interfaces. We encourage applications from researchers with high-level skills directly relevant to the synthesis and characterization of multinary metal oxides, water splitting and CO2 reduction catalysts and optoelectronic devices prepared with them who can make a strong contribution to the project. Specific skills required for the postdoc position are:
• Synthesis of materials (especially multinary metal oxides, etc…).
• Experience in thin film deposition by different techniques (especially solution techniques).
• Fabrication of photoelectrochemical devices.
• Experience in optical characterization of solutions and thin films (absorption, photoluminescence, time resolved photoluminescence, transient photocurrent and photovoltage decay...).
• Experience in photoelectrochemical characterization of electrodes (cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy,…).
• Experience in structural characterization of thin films (XRD, SEM, EDX, AFM, KPFM...)
General skills and characteristics are:
• Capability for autonomous elaboration of scientific manuscripts.
• Capability of supervision of PhD students.
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects
• High scientific motivation.
• Excellent publication record.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven teamwork experience and efficient collaboration skills
• Fluent in English
The Postdoc will advise the rest of group members, take part in discussions to agree targets for their work, and supervise their day-to-day laboratory activity under risk assessments agreed with Ass.
Prof. Sixto Gimenez is the Project Coordinator. This is a four years project
If you are interested in applying for this job offer, click here