- News & Events
- Information for visitors
The post is available as part of the No-LIMIT European Research Council Consolidator Grant project. The objective of the project is boosting photovoltaic performance by the synergistic interaction of halide perovskites and semiconductor quantum dots. Photovoltaic conversion has the extraordinary property of transforming the solar energy directly into electric power. However, the available electrical power is known to be severely limited by the so-called Shockley-Queisser (SQ) photoconversion limit. The maximum efficiency for a single absorber is limited as photons with energy lower than the bandgap (BG) cannot be absorbed, and just an energy equivalent to the BG can be used for photons with higher energy than the BG, due to thermalization. No-LIMIT will exploit the interaction between halide perovskite and semiconductor colloidal quantum dots and the resulting synergies to break the SQ limit. The achievement of this ambitious final objective, together with the intermediate steps, will have a colossal impact on photovoltaics.
The project is coordinated by Dr. Iván Mora Seró. Please, check Research Division 4 Physics at INAM.
• Synthesis of materials (especially colloidal semiconductor quantum dots).
• Experience in thin film deposition by different techniques (especially evaporation).
• Fabrication of optoelectronic devices (specially on solution deposition methods).
• Experience in optical characterization of solutions and thin films (absorption, photoluminescence, time resolved photoluminescence, transient photocurrent and photovoltage decay, photothermal deflection spectroscopy...).
• Experience in structural characterization of thin films (XRD, SEM, EDX, AFM, KPFM...)
General skills and characteristics for both postdocs are:
• Capability for autonomous elaboration of scientific manuscripts.
• Capability of supervision of PhD students.
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects
• High scientific motivation.
• Excellent publication record.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven teamwork experience and efficient collaboration skills
• Fluent in English
Both Postdocs will directly supervise at least one Ph.D student and advise the rest of group members, take part in discussions to agree targets for their work, and supervise their day-to-day laboratory activity under risk assessments agreed with Ass. Prof. Mora-Seró. Your work will be directly supervised by Ass. Prof. Mora-Seró.
If you are interested in applying for this job offer, click here